Sublime Forum

Ceer - Code intelligence and navigation for C and C++

Ceer continually parses and indexes a C or C++ project to provide features that allow greater understanding of the source code, and increased productivity. It allows jumping to definitions, listing all references in a project, viewing inheritance hierarchies, viewing include hierarchies, and listing errors and warnings. I decided to start working on Ceer because I loved using these sorts of features when using IDEs like Eclipse, but got tired of their clunky performance and unintuitive interfaces.

Ceer is currently in an early prototype phase. I decided to release it now because I thought it has a lot of potential to be useful, but do not have a ton of time to work on it, and I wanted to see if other people were interested in working on it. Right now the features are pretty much frozen, and my main objectives are getting stability, scalability (it works well for small projects, but haven’t tested much with > 20 source files), and portability (only available on OS X right now, but need to build libclang for other platforms).

The “Expand Superclasses” command is shown below as an example, checkout the repo for more: github.com/andylamb/Ceer. The pull request for Package Control is pending as of now.

Ceer works by using libclang to parse the source files, and sqlite3 to handle most of the logic between translation units. The contribution files on the repo are pretty sparse right now, I’m working on adding more. The main files, Ceer.py and cindexer/cindexerapi.py should be documented pretty well.

Tell me what you think!

0 Likes

Ceer should now be available for ST3 on OS X on Package Control.

0 Likes