Sublime Forum

Upload, DIFF, Download via SSH; no server configuration

Sublime Text is an extremely powerful text editor geared towards developers and designers alike, sporting a stunning UI and pluggable backend. SyncR bridges the gap between local development and your remote servers, without the requirement of additional applications aside from SSH, which is typically installed and enabled by default.

It supports the following out of the box:
Upload on save.
Quick switch between servers.
Simple hotkeys for uploading.

If you can SSH into a server, you can upload from Sublime Text to it. It supports automatic logins via SSH keys and using password entry via Expect. This is a simple flag in the settings.

SyncR is a commercial plugin, available at eberstarkgroup.com/ for $4.95. It’s in beta currently and operates only on Linux and OSx at this time. If you purchase it, and are not 100% happy with it, I will gladly issue a refund.

I’ve also written a detailed how-to guide on installing and using it.
blog.eberstarkgroup.com/?p=1

0 Likes

Working on some additional features this week.
Viewing remote directories and files.
Downloading files from a remote server.
Performing DIFFs between local and remote versions.

If anyone has any requests, or wants more information, please let me know.

0 Likes

I would recommend switching to a license key system like most commercial plugins for ST. This would allow you go on PackageControl and get the attention you deserve while making installing the plugin easier than ever to do.

0 Likes

I completely agree. I am planning on moving over to Package control in the next few days once the new version is fully tested.

0 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what does this plugin offer over say wbond’s SFTP plugin which seems to be strikingly similar?

0 Likes

It essentially offers an easier and quicker workflow with a minimum feature set. You are able to switch between remote servers in an instant, upload the current file via a hotkey, perform diffs of the current file versus the file on the remote server, and download files from the remote server. It was initially written over a weekend to increase my own productivity at work, it quickly became a must-have around the office, and one year in, everyone is still using it. So I decided to expand upon it and release it to the Sublime Text community at what I think is a fair price.

BTW: It will be available in Package Control shortly, pending approval.

New Features as of this version are:
Diff Support (Default Hot Key: CMD+CTRL+H)
Remote List / Download Support (Default Hot Key: CMD+CTRL+I)

I am open to feature requests.

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain the benefits of your plugin. Sounds like a winner to me. Do you know if/when windows support is coming?

0 Likes

There are a couple of known issues preventing Windows support, but I believe with some minor adjustments and experimenting with Putty, WinSCP, support might not be too far off. I’m expecting to announce support for it in early to mid May.

Also, I posted a new Blog article outlining the new features.

blog.eberstarkgroup.com/?p=26

0 Likes

Nice work, decided to support your efforts.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I’m excited. Currently I’m using wbonds plugin but I got a problem with it.

At work we’re working with TYPO3. Our workflow is like this:
clone repo -> transfer local files to local internal dev server or nowadays a vagrant box. My problem ist the slow transfer speed.

Other devs are using phpStorm which transfers an TYPO3 project in some seconds (max. 1-2 minute) while Sublime with wbonds plugin sometimes takes more than half an hour which is way too long for me. Also it takes too long, when switching branches and have to upload these changes again. I already wrote wbond two times asking how to increase transfer speed but never got an answer so I maybe switch over to your solution, if it provides more speed. I also like the abillity to switch servers.

Do you have any informations about transfer speeds for me?

Definitely going to try your plugin tomorrow.

Sorry for my english, it’s not my native language.

mkr

0 Likes