Sublime Forum

[ Parkour ] Navigate Your Code Like A Ninja

Hey guys, just gave a lightning talk on Writing Your Own Sublime Plugins, and I used a plugin that I’m working on as the basis of my presentation.

It’s not quite ready for release, but I’d love to get some feedback while I’m wrapping it up. Check out some of the features @ the GIFs below & let me know what you think! :mrgreen:

Also, here is the GitHub repo of my talk for anyone that’s interested: https://github.com/FiCode/-Lightning-Talks-/tree/master/Writing-Your-Own-Sublime-Plugins

Header Styles

Header Modes

Fold Modes

Zoom Modes

QuickPanel Modes

Set Rulers

0 Likes

GhostText

It’s hard to give you a real feedback, cause I’m not sure to understand correctly what the plugin is doing exactly

But I’m really interested on the navigate feature, it’s look like really cool and useful.

0 Likes

By using the comment headers shown in the first GIF, you can create an arbitrary hierarchy of sections throughout your code. The navigation features allow you to zoom in on specific sections (by folding any surrounding code), search sections by the titles used in the comment headers, & also collapse/expand sections by the indentation level of comment headers.

I created the plugin to extend Sublime Text’s native code folding & go-to functionalities:

@ ST’s folding : code can only be folded by indentation
@ Parkour’s folding : code can be folded by user-defined sections, each with an indentation hierarchy of their own

@ ST’s go-to (for python, at least) : only classes & defs are listed
@ Parkour’s go-to : all user defined sections are listed

Thanks for the input! I’ll try to make my next examples a bit more informative.

0 Likes

Ok, it looks great.
I agree with you that the code folding is sometimes a bit limited. I’d like to see how you improved it.

Your navigate list looks really cool with the indents and the ‘decorators’ (c$3, b$2),
it will sure help to make the goto feature more handy.

0 Likes

Is Parkour ready for release yet? It looks amazing.

0 Likes