Sublime Forum

Installation guide for Zencoding into SublimeText 2

Hello,

Despite all threads and wiki about installation of Zencoding, I can’t find any clear and simple guide to install it as a plugin for sublimeText 2.
Instructions given on .txt file from the .zip package archive is a bit… light and useless.

I’m very insterested in this plugin, but I can’t find a way to make it work on my sublimeText editor.

Could someone make an quick installation guide / notice for these different operating systems ?

• Windows XP
  • Windows vista / Windows 7 (x64)
  • Windows vista / Windows 7 (x86)
  • Mac OSX

Thanks a lot !
Cheers, Nicolas

0 Likes

Select Parent Tag

Press win+r (win 7 and win vista, maybe win xp too, i’m not using ancient software :smiley: ) and type: %appdata%\Sublime Text 2\Packages
Alternatively you can open the editor and go to Preferences->browse packages. In osx there is a shortcut similar to this but I don’t remember it how is called (menu bar-> first item (i think is file?) -> preferences -> browse packages)

You just extract the content of the archive into Packages, to have a structure like this:

Packages/zencoding/scripts Packages/zencoding/zencoding Packages/zencoding/zenmeta.py

and so on. Restart the editor and enjoy.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve already tried your method, without any success.

These files are correctly installed on the package folder (x64) :

Packages/ZenCoding/zencoding/
Packages/ZenCoding/A1zen.py
Packages/ZenCoding/A1zen.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/Default.sublime-keymap
Packages/ZenCoding/dynamicsnippets.py
Packages/ZenCoding/dynamicsnippets.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/initzen.py
Packages/ZenCoding/initzen.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/orphan
Packages/ZenCoding/README.txt
Packages/ZenCoding/tags
Packages/ZenCoding/zc.py
Packages/ZenCoding/zc.pyc

In windows 7 (x64), using the “Preferences->browse packages” fonctionnality just opens the package file in sublimeText, without seeming to install anything ?

Another question : once installed, does the plugin needs to be activated or something ?

0 Likes

restart the editor. Should be ok.

0 Likes

Hello,

I’m really not familiar with this repo system. How to install this (no file to download on bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublime-2-zencoding) ?
Is there a file to download, or a repository path to add into sublimeText ?

Thanks for your help :smile:

0 Likes

If sublimator can’t himself, I’ll try to add some installation instructions to the readme file during the weekend.

0 Likes

@nicolulu: there is a “download” tab. bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublim … et/tip.zip here is the direct link :smile:

0 Likes

@guillermooo : Nice, thanks a lot, from all newbies like me :wink:

@iamntz : Thanks, I was looking for a button to download. Bitbucket interface is not really user friendly…

0 Likes

I can’t find any real installation instructions for OSX. I’ve read this thread and another thread, neither of which truly offer the installation process from start to finish.

I’ve tried to copy the raw files as they exist into the “packages” directory, restarted ST2 and nothing happened. Since I have no real idea how to follow the instructions using a Python command line, I’m stuck.

Could someone please write out the full instructions for OSX? Thanks!

0 Likes

This is fantastic, thanks!

However, how do I select lines of text, then wrap them with some ZenCoding goodness?

I’d like to select this:

one two three

Press some key combination - what is it?

Then type in this:

ul>li*

And end up with this:

[code]

• one

• two

• three
[/code]

I can do this just fine with the Notepad++ Zen Coding plugins, but I cant find the key config to do this in ST2.

For reference, I’m using Sublime Text 2 Build 2095 x64 portable edition and sublimator-sublime-2-zencoding-2a9fd316ca93 downloaded today.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

For future reference, the simplest way to install ZenCoding for Sublime is via Package Control. wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

0 Likes

I’m having issues with package control itself. It does nothing when paste and run the command as instructed in the guide.
It really does nothing. No success message. No error message.
I don’t see what I’m missing.

Edit:

Uhm, scratch that. Just me being newb.

0 Likes

@thedeadserv
what have you done? because i have the same probleme :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“destroy90210”]@thedeadserv
what have you done? because i have the same probleme :wink:[/quote]

Nothing will be printed if the installation was successful. I should probably update the command to print a success message.

Once the command is pasted in, restart Sublime and the Package Control commands will now be present in the command palette.

0 Likes

it says i dont have permission to download it why?

0 Likes