Sublime Forum

SideBarGit

Color schemes already highlight that! ¿? dl.dropbox.com/u/9303546/Sublime … t/diff.png

0 Likes

Where can I get this diff syntax file from?

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

Where can I get this diff syntax file from?[/quote]

Oh :frowning: The Oblivion theme doesn’t work with Diff. Better fix that!

Sorted it :smile: github.com/jbrooksuk/Oblivion/

0 Likes

Add these two below diff header to differentiate files names:

<dict> <key>name</key> <string>⎇ diff.context</string> <key>scope</key> <string>meta.diff.header.from-file</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>foreground</key> <string>#9bsedd</string> </dict> </dict> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>⎇ diff.context</string> <key>scope</key> <string>meta.diff.header.to-file</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>foreground</key> <string>#9bdedd</string> </dict> </dict>

PS: I’ve sent a pull request to your repo: github.com/SublimeText/Open-Include

0 Likes

I’m using Cygwin’s git on windows. Other sublime git plugins work fine but this one shows this error when I try to run a command.

‘git’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

0 Likes

Add it to your path

%SystemRoot%\system32;C:\cygwin\bin;…

0 Likes

Yes, all commands are synch, blocking sublime until process end.
Someday maybe I fix this :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,

0 Likes

Hello,

I’ve got real problems using this on windows. Whenever I want to push/fetch/pull, sublime completly freezes… other commands work, but are useless without pushing and pulling :confused: any fix for that?

0 Likes

No yet. see above.

You may want to push/pull with the other git plugin.

0 Likes

Installed latest available version today.

[quote]Git : No such file or directory
Possible error:
git not found on $PATH[/quote]

Mac OS X
Git is in $PATH

23:04:07 aac-mac wmg # which git /usr/local/git/bin/git 23:04:09 aac-mac wmg # git --version git version 1.7.8.3

0 Likes

You may want to open file “packages/SideBarGit/SideBarGit.py”

And replace “debug = False” to “debug = True” and paste the output of everything about git here.

Also that problem is an OS problem, I’m not sure If I can help you. You may don’t have access to the file, or the python can’t access the file or git can’t access, don’t know.

1 )
Try with the same file on command line.
if works…:
2)
Try on sublime console

import os; os.path.exists('/your file name here/')

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]You may want to open file “packages/SideBarGit/SideBarGit.py”

And replace “debug = False” to “debug = True” and paste the output of everything about git here.

Also that problem is an OS problem, I’m not sure If I can help you. You may don’t have access to the file, or the python can’t access the file or git can’t access, don’t know.

1 )
Try with the same file on command line.
if works…:
2)
Try on sublime console

import os; os.path.exists('/your file name here/')[/quote]

Same problem here.

I’m on Mac. Git is on path.
os.path.exists(’/usr/local/git/bin/git’) returns True.

0 Likes

…[/quote]

0 Likes

I am also seeing this. As far as I can tell I have the latest version.
OSX 10.7.4
Sublime Text 2 Build 2181

I get this in the console:

import os;
os.path.exists(’/usr/local/git/bin/git’)
True

When I try and use the sidebar menu to do anything I get the “Git not found on path” error just as the above few posts do.

Is there anything else I can provide to help track down the issue?

0 Likes

Open file /SideBarGit/sidebar/SideBarGit.py

and below line 41, add

if object.command[0] == 'git': 
    object.command[0] = '/usr/local/git/bin/git'

It needs to be at the same level of indentation as the previous line…

That may works. No idea. Some people have strange paths behaviour I don’t have. Good luck.

0 Likes

you may need to restart sublime after the change.

0 Likes

it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.

Also, the F5 update rocks, thanks!

0 Likes

One other thing. the liberal git command seems to truncate parameters, so when I use it to do git rm \pathspec --cached what actually gets run is git rm \pathspec, a rather unfortunate (but recoverable) misinterpretation of my intent.

UPDATE
Actually, I was wrong - it did exactly what I expected it to do :neutral_face:

0 Likes

[quote=“corischlegel”]it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.
[/quote]

Would love to see this feature too!!

0 Likes

I do my work in branches exclusively, branched from master. It would be extremely helpful for me if I could do a “git diff master” or "git diff " through this plugin and output the diff into a buffer and navigate within that back and forth between the source code that is shown in the diff.

0 Likes