Sublime Forum

Sublime Shopify Plugin

Hello to the Sublime Text 2 community. I have to say that this text editor is very exciting and great to work with. I have developed a plugin that will pull and push the text based (css, javascript, liquid) theme assets from Shopify for local editing.

The plugin is available at bitbucket.org/dwarburton/sublimeshopify and can be cloned by mercurial if you have it installed. I ran into some problems with the different capabilities of the embedded python on Windows vs Linux (where the Linux version doesn’t support SSL or expat XML) but that is sorted out and the plugin works on the platforms I’ve tested it on:

Windows 7 x64
Linux Mint 12 x64

If someone with a Shopify store and Macintosh computer would like to use this, please test it and let me know how it works.

0 Likes

IDEA: Port Shopify Textmate plugin to ST2

this day is now a great day.

I will install/follow this with interest. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Awesome! Is there a way to open the entire project of a shop? Rather than individual files 1 by 1.

BTW: I am on Mac OS X 10.8.1 (Mountain Lion) and it seems to work so far.

Thank you!

0 Likes

I’m able to download and open files from Shopify just fine using the plugin, but whenever I save a file, I get the message “Upload to [store name] has failed.” I’m not sure where to look to figure out what’s going on. Any ideas?

Thanks for the plugin!

0 Likes

That error message is present in the Textmate plugin, too — seems to be an issue with Shopify’s API…

0 Likes

Is it supposed to auto update the shopify files? Because nothing happens on the server when I save a file from Sublime (I’m on a Mac). It can find the active themes from the site though, so apparently there’s some connection to it.

0 Likes

Hi I’m using Sublime Shopify on windows 8 and I cannot get it to work.

The installation guide is a bit sketchy. I downloaded the package and dropped it into the packages folder, i then opened opened package control and put in my api key etc. to the ShopifyStores.json.

In the instructions it says there a command to download the store to your local machine but I cannot see it in package control. I also cannot see any of my files that are on shopify.

Any advice?

Thanks

0 Likes

Can someone please post an example of the ShopifyStores.json file? I cannot find any info on the expected format.
I’m using Sublime Text 3 on Linux.
Here’s what I’ve tried:

{“myshop”: {
“API_KEY”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“PASSWORD”: “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“SHOP_NAME”: “myshopname”
}}

Thanks!
David

0 Likes

Hey guys, if you go to your Shopify theme directory, you will notice a folder called Cache, with a subfolder within it.

If you load that directory into sublime, you can then see a directory view of the theme files you have previously uploaded.

Using these files will allow you a more structured way to save/edit your shopify theme files!

0 Likes