Sublime Forum

Sublime SVN

After using Sublime for a while at work, I decided it could use a nice solution for working with SVN. I spent a couple of months building and refining a solution that not only provides SVN functionality to Sublime, but really tries to make SVN more usable. The product of this is Sublime SVN:

wbond.net/sublime_packages/svn

It is another commercial plugin, with a non-time-limited, fully-functionality evaluation mode.

Some points I am particularly proud of:

• File pick lists for commit, add and delete commands

• Multi-tier command palette so common commands are at your finger tips, but more advanced commands don’t clutter the the primary palette

• Background processing of file statuses for context-sensitive command display

• Fully cross platform

• Background checking of available remote revisions, with indicators in SVN buffers, and in view status area

• Custom diff command that pops up the log to help you pick what revisions to diff

• Ability to edit the last command to tweak arguments, or run completely custom commands

• Customizable default checkout URL and local paths

• A bunch of other little UI elements, such as syntax highlighting

0 Likes

Help: SVN commit problem

Sounds cool, definetly gonna give it a try!

Btw. when do you check the package_control pull requests?

0 Likes

I usually pull in requests every few days. I try to keep up with it as best as possible, but things have been kinda busy recently with Package Control SSL issues and a server transition taking up some of my time. I should be able to spend some time tonight reviewing the submissions and merging them in.

I originally had the intention of getting the SVN plugin launched a few weeks ago, but things always take longer than expected. :smile:

0 Likes

I installed the package. Thanks! But I’m missing something. If I select svn:status from the Command Palette I get a tab with the name “SVN” and a list of files with non-trivial status. So far, so good. Then I right-click in that list and get a popup menu; I select SVN|commit, and I get new text with instructions on how to select and commit my files:

[quote]Type commit message here…

================================================================================
UNREGISTERED: Please visit sublime.wbond.net
Working copy: /Users/petebecker/archive/devel/floatingpoint/source
Remote status: updates available
Command: svn commit

Instructions:

1. Enter commit message above the line.
  2. Pick files below using y to select, n to deselect, space to toggle.
    Picking works with multiple and multi-line selections.
  3. Save will commit (closing without save will cancel).

Commit Status File:

] ? iotimes.c
] ? adhoc.c
[x] M tdec2bin.c
[x] M Makefile
[x] M dec2bin.c
[x] M fpconv.hh
[x] M fptrans.hh[/quote]

I’m baffled by “Pick files below using y to select…”. I’ve tried replacing the ‘x’ with a ‘y’, selecting a line or lines and typing ‘y’, and several other variants. If these steps haven’t erased the line, when I save the file I get a popup that tells me that I haven’t selected any files to commit. What am I overlooking?

0 Likes

It sounds like your machine is not picking up the keybindings file, or the syntax for the view (since they work together). Is the contents of the SVN tab syntax highlighted? If not, then that would explain it.

Could you tell me what platform you are on and what version of Sublime you are running?

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]It sounds like your machine is not picking up the keybindings file, or the syntax for the view (since they work together). Is the contents of the SVN tab syntax highlighted? If not, then that would explain it.

Could you tell me what platform you are on and what version of Sublime you are running?[/quote]

When I select svn:status, the view that I get has syntax highlighting. From there, when I right-click and select SVN | commit, the resulting view does not have syntax highlighting.

This is on a Mac, running OSX, 10.7.3. Sublime version is Build 2818.

0 Likes

[quote=“pete340”]When I select svn:status, the view that I get has syntax highlighting. From there, when I right-click and select SVN | commit, the resulting view does not have syntax highlighting.

This is on a Mac, running OSX, 10.7.3. Sublime version is Build 2818.[/quote]

That would definitely cause the keyboard shortcuts to not work. I’ll do some testing on Lion and see if I can replicate the issue you had. Thanks for the report!

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]

[quote=“pete340”]When I select svn:status, the view that I get has syntax highlighting. From there, when I right-click and select SVN | commit, the resulting view does not have syntax highlighting.

This is on a Mac, running OSX, 10.7.3. Sublime version is Build 2818.[/quote]

That would definitely cause the keyboard shortcuts to not work. I’ll do some testing on Lion and see if I can replicate the issue you had. Thanks for the report![/quote]

Whoops, the Sublime version number is 2181. I assume you figured out that 2818 was nonsense. :frowning:

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue as reported above - both, in Windows 7 and OS X Lion environments. I’m using Sublime Text v2 build 2181.

0 Likes

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and can not commit. (or I don’t get HOW to commit)

I am running Sublime 2181 and MAC OSX 10.6.
My repository is a local SVN which I created with:

file:///Users/steven/SVNsublimetest

Any ideas?

0 Likes

@StevenRas, pbe, pete340

I just released version 1.1.0 which should fix this bug, with a whole bunch of others. You can upgrade running the Upgrade Package command from the command palette.

With the new version, the SVN buffer should be syntax highlighted and it should now be possible to toggle files and folders with space/y/n like the instructions say.
To actually commit, as the instructions say, just save the buffer (ctrl/cmd+s).

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]@StevenRas, pbe, pete340

I just released version 1.1.0 which should fix this bug, with a whole bunch of others. You can upgrade running the Upgrade Package command from the command palette.

With the new version, the SVN buffer should be syntax highlighted and it should now be possible to toggle files and folders with space/y/n like the instructions say.
To actually commit, as the instructions say, just save the buffer (ctrl/cmd+s).[/quote]

No joy. :frowning:

I can select “status” from the Package Control popup and I get syntax highlighted text showing the status. I command-click in that window, select SVN in the popup menu, select “commit” in the next menu, and I get a text window that shows the file status without syntax highlighting. The text is editable, but no commands work.

That’s with Sublime version 2181, running on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.3.

0 Likes

[quote=“pete340”]No joy. :frowning:

I can select “status” from the Package Control popup and I get syntax highlighted text showing the status. I command-click in that window, select SVN in the popup menu, select “commit” in the next menu, and I get a text window that shows the file status without syntax highlighting. The text is editable, but no commands work.

That’s with Sublime version 2181, running on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.3.[/quote]

Please contact me via email at support@wbond.net so that I can respond in a timely manner and help figure out why this isn’t working for you.

0 Likes

Have the same issue here even though both Sublime Text and the SVN package are up to date - still no highlighting. However, the syntax gets highlighted whenever I remove a package (does not matter which one - a random package). The commit command then works, but whenever I try to do it again (commiting, that is), the same thing happens again - no highlighting - I have to remove another package for that to be fixed… Hope this helps to find the bug.

Other packages that I have installed: Inc-Dec-Value, ColorPicker, Theme - Soda, Package Control

0 Likes

Am having the same issue. Did anyone found a solution to this yet? Please share me the answer.

0 Likes

I am still working through this bug with some users, however I am unable to replicate it, so it is taking longer than I would like. If you want to try out the version in testing and provide debug info, please send me an email at support@wbond.net.

0 Likes

Version 1.1.1 should fix this bug for all users. Please let me know via support@wbond.net if you are still experiencing it.

0 Likes

[quote=“pete340”]

[quote=“wbond”]@StevenRas, pbe, pete340

To actually commit, as the instructions say, just save the buffer (ctrl/cmd+s).[/quote]

No joy. :frowning:

That’s with Sublime version 2181, running on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.3.[/quote]

Version 1.1.1 works for me. Thanks!

0 Likes

Confirmed! Much appreciated, thank you :smile:

0 Likes

now I know Alt+C could commit current file,
and actually I need to commit the whole project, but to do this I have to use my mouse,click and click
Can I use keybinding to do this just like Alt+C?
please I really need this feature, waiting for your reply!

0 Likes