Sublime Forum

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

Still doesn’t work at all on Windows. Sure wish someone would take over this plugin or it would become core. I could really use some Django autocompletion. Would pay for this plugin…

0 Likes

This plugin does, in fact work on Windows, I can confirm that.

0 Likes

Can you explain if you’ve done anything to make it work? I had previously tried it without success as well.

0 Likes

In summary, it’s not perfect, but it’s better than not having it.

For instance, it chokes pretty hard on SQL Alchemy scoped_sessiosn and declarative_base(), and doesn’t seem to resepect the sqlalchemy package.

That said, it works pretty well for just about everything else.

As background, I’m running 32 python 2.7 (64 bit wasn’t playing nice with pyodbc)

Because of the inherent ‘gotchas’ with the plugin, it can seem as if it’s not functioning.

A quick way to check and see if it’s working is to create a new file with ‘python’ selected as the syntax.
Then, in the file, type “from” and hit space.
In the bottom gutter, if working, you should see modules being scanned.
After the modules finish scanning you should see a list of modules in a popup, you can import from.

As python’s a dynamic language, there will exists cases where the parser won’t be able to determine what type the object you’re working with is – in these cases you will not get autocomplete suggestions.

Finally, one additional sanity check I can recommend that gave me peace of mind was to cross-validate the auto-suggest in KomodoEdit. If the snippet you’re working with also fails in Komodo, there’s not much to be done from the plugin-side, as it references the Komodo library.

0 Likes

Not working on Ubuntu with kernel 3.0.0-16 x64. Updating indexes process never ends =(

0 Likes

Same here - the Ubuntu plus updating indexes thing, I mean. Sadcakes.

0 Likes

FWIW, I was actually able to get it working using Ubuntu 11.10. A co-worker and I decided to beat our heads against it.

The issue, it seems, in my case, is that I had nothing in the config file. Dunno why it was blank, but there you go.

0 Likes

First of all: great plugin! I’m looking for a replacement for Eclipse(which is way too bulky and buggy) and this plugin made Sublime a great candidate.

There is however one thing I’m missing: support for phpdoc tags. For example:

<?php
class Foo {
    /*
      * @return Bar a bar class
      */
     public function getBar() {
         $bar = new Bar();
         return $bar;
     }
}

class Bar {
     public function getHello() {
         return 'hello';
     }
}

$foo = new Foo();
echo $foo->getBar()->getHello(); // getHello doesn't easily autocomplete or jump to definition here, it does show eventually, but first all default PHP functions show
?>

Is there some way to fix this?

0 Likes

I use the DocBlokr plugin for that, works great!

0 Likes

Thanks for the tip, seems to do the trick at first sight. Will do a test soon with a bigger project to see if it works there :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“mpedrummer”]FWIW, I was actually able to get it working using Ubuntu 11.10. A co-worker and I decided to beat our heads against it.

The issue, it seems, in my case, is that I had nothing in the config file. Dunno why it was blank, but there you go.[/quote]

Can you be more specific? Which configuration file was empty? I can not get anything but the message of “Updating indexes for PHP… The first time this can take a while” and a 100% CPU (T_T)

0 Likes

It’s the file referred to in the “Configuring” section here - github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel

For me, it was ~/.codeintel/config - that file was empty. I just pasted the example from github in there, and it started working for me.

0 Likes

[quote=“mpedrummer”]It’s the file referred to in the “Configuring” section here - github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel

For me, it was ~/.codeintel/config - that file was empty. I just pasted the example from github in there, and it started working for me.[/quote]

You are a lucky man. I tried with the configuration file at ~/.codeintel/config, adde a config file at project .codeintel directory, to recompile plugin libraries … and nothing … just CPU at 100% and “Updating indexes for PHP…” message = (

0 Likes

I’m waiting for it to break :smile:

My co-worker, who had initially gotten it to work in Ubuntu, has subsequently had it stop working. We haven’t been able to figure out why.

Oh, computers. You suck, and I love you.

0 Likes

[quote=“mpedrummer”]I’m waiting for it to break :smile:

My co-worker, who had initially gotten it to work in Ubuntu, has subsequently had it stop working. We haven’t been able to figure out why.

Oh, computers. You suck, and I love you.[/quote]

Noooooooo!!! You are my only hope!!! :cry:

0 Likes

OK, here’s a hint maybe - we got his working again, though it took deleting as much evidence that Sublime had ever existed as we could find :smile:

At some point, he had moved the directory that contained the executable into .config/sublime-text-2, which turned out to be a horrible idea.

After reinstalling, he ran the build.sh that comes with SublimeCodeIntel, and it works!

0 Likes

Hello!

I’ve got some problem with this package.

What I’ve done:

1. Installed the packages
  2. Created a new folder
  3. Created a new file test.rb
  4. Typed in some Ruby class
class Test
end
  1. Pressed super+j

In ~/.codeintel/codeintel.log I see

Updating indexes for 'Ruby'... The first time this can take a while. Doing CodeIntel for 'Ruby' (hold on)... eval 'Test' at test.rb#6 <Trigger 'ruby-defn-defn' at 37 (explicit)> Unexpected error with evaluator: 'Test' at test.rb#6 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree.py", line 328, in eval defns = self.eval_defns() File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 293, in eval_defns self._base_scoperefs = self._calc_base_scoperefs(start_scoperef) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 305, in _calc_base_scoperefs scoperefs = [curr_scoperef, (self.built_in_blob, [])] File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 965, in built_in_blob if isinstance(self.libs-1], StdLib): File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/tree_ruby.py", line 155, in libs self._libs = self.langintel.libs_from_buf(self.buf) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 323, in libs_from_buf libs = self._buf_indep_libs_from_env(env):] File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 444, in _buf_indep_libs_from_env = self._ruby_info_from_ruby(ruby, env) File "/Users/andrew/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/lang_ruby.py", line 355, in _ruby_info_from_ruby p = process.ProcessOpen(argv, env=env.get_all_envvars(), stdin=None) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ProcessOpen' done eval: eval error

I’ve tried other languages (e. g. Python) but I got similar errors.

0 Likes

We are working on v2.0 of SubimeCodeIntel, available at github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIn … evelopment (development branch). This should fix many of the bugs that were there (making it slow and making CPU usage go crazy for too long)… please if anyone’s willing, I’d appreciate any feedback.

We need suggestions for proper and working key and mouse bindings for “jump to definition” (currently alt+click) and the autocomplete popup manual trigger. Any thought would be welcome.

0 Likes

[quote=“Kronuz”]We are working on v2.0 of SubimeCodeIntel, available at github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIn … evelopment (development branch). This should fix many of the bugs that were there (making it slow and making CPU usage go crazy for too long)… please if anyone’s willing, I’d appreciate any feedback.

We need suggestions for proper and working key and mouse bindings for “jump to definition” (currently alt+click) and the autocomplete popup manual trigger. Any thought would be welcome.[/quote]

that’s a REAL good news!!!

0 Likes

Indeed!!

0 Likes