Sublime Forum

Favorite Files

[quote=“facelessuser”]Known bugs:

1. Windows returns “.” instead of “” for no project, this makes Favorite Files think it has a project. I will fix this later today.
    [/quote]

This issue is now fixed.

Version 0.5.1

• More explicit match for finding project files
0 Likes

This should really do it this time. Man this per project stuff has been a headache. I sure hope we get some method to get the project file path in the future.

Version 0.5.2

• Rework logic to catch renamed projects
  • Strip tabs from session which can break the parsing
0 Likes

Version 0.5.3

• Catch project rename when when opening or removing items from list (will only catch after a file has been saved).

I plan on submitting this to package control by the end of the week. @phillip.koebbe, if you have any outstanding issues, please let me know; actually, give me whatever feedback you can so I know if this solution is acceptable. I think this covers all scenarios now, but I want to know how useable the solution is from other people before I decide to leave per project on by default.

I am now catching project renames when opening favorite files or removing them. This catch is only triggered after a file has been saved, I have purposely opted not to refresh during file open commands etc, because I think it would be too annoying. I only refresh when toggling between global to per project. If you rename a project and have saved a file, Favorite Files will alert you that it thinks the project name has changed, and it will revert to the global list. Toggling back to per project will create a list for the new project name.

0 Likes

Feedback has disappeared for this, so I have decided to disable the “Per Project Favorites” setting until I get some good feedback on this feature. It is still there, but you have to enable it via the settings file if you want to try it out.

Version 0.6.0

• Disable “Per Project Favorites” by default
  • Update documentation
  • Prep for official release

I will be requesting inclusion into Package Control soon.

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]Feedback has disappeared for this, so I have decided to disable the “Per Project Favorites” setting until I get some good feedback on this feature. It is still there, but you have to enable it via the settings file if you want to try it out.

Version 0.6.0

• Disable “Per Project Favorites” by default
  • Update documentation
  • Prep for official release

I will be requesting inclusion into Package Control soon.[/quote]

Sorry, been kind of busy the past few days. I’ve been using it, and it seems to work fine. I’m not using it as extensively as I will at other times due to the nature of my work. When I add new pieces of functionality, as I’m currently doing, I don’t need it quite as much.

Again, I appreciate your work on this. If I run into anything, I’ll certainly let you know. I guess you could almost go by the adage, “No news is good news.”

0 Likes

[quote=“phillip.koebbe”]
Sorry, been kind of busy the past few days. I’ve been using it, and it seems to work fine. I’m not using it as extensively as I will at other times due to the nature of my work. When I add new pieces of functionality, as I’m currently doing, I don’t need it quite as much.

Again, I appreciate your work on this. If I run into anything, I’ll certainly let you know. I guess you could almost go by the adage, “No news is good news.”[/quote]

I usually do, but the “Per Project” feature was such a quirky and ridiculous workaround, I wanted to make sure its quirks were not too annoying for people to work with. I might enable it then if you haven’t been having any frustration with the refresh method or anything.

0 Likes

Am absolutely loving this plugin, fantastic idea and great implementation. Would it be possible to add a view of the favorite files to the sidebar, similar to the “FOLDERS” heading but under something like “FavoriteFiles”?

0 Likes

Not currently. There is no API handle to do this. It would be cool if we could, but we can’t.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this plugin !

I use Notational Velocity (resoph.com/ on windows) => A live search in favorites files and I delete these two software… :smile:

Link a Group to a directory and refresh group (to add automatically new files to group) will be a great feature too.

0 Likes

[quote=“yesnault”]Hi,

Thanks a lot for this plugin !

I use Notational Velocity (resoph.com/ on windows) => A live search in favorites files and I delete these two software… :smile:

Link a Group to a directory and refresh group (to add automatically new files to group) will be a great feature too.[/quote]

So you just want a group to link to a folder and show you all the files? This is pretty doable. You can kind of do this already in another plugin I am working on github.com/facelessuser/FuzzyFileNav.

You can crate bookmarks to folders in the settings file, and then just bring up a bookmark panel. It is still in beta and things are subject to change, and probably will.

0 Likes

Yes, it is almost that but the fuzzy search doesn’t search inside a file instantly (it does on two softwares).

It a great plugin too, I hope sublime text to allow modify sidebar for favorites folders in the future.

0 Likes

For your information i created one extension which try solve this, try out and case you can help, help me to improve the extension! :smiley:

github.com/samuelsimoes/Sublime … te-Folders

0 Likes

This plugin doesn’t work in Sublime 3 :frowning:

0 Likes

You can use the ST3 branch: github.com/facelessuser/FavoriteFiles/tree/ST3.

There might still be some issues, but basic functionality works. If you find any issues, let me know.

0 Likes

Unfortunately it doesn’t work for me in ST3 (3047) public beta :cry: (doesn’t show up in command palette)

0 Likes

Did you install it from Package Control? Package Control will not install the ST3 version. You have to install the ST3 branch manually.

0 Likes

I am using it but favourite files plugin is not working in sublime 2, Its showing in file menu ‘favourite files’ but all the options are disabled am I missing something. Pls help.

I did manual installation on mac as given in the instruction.

0 Likes

@indianwebdevil, FavoriteFiles, along with the rest of my supported plugins, are only supported on ST3. You can try the old ST2 branch though: https://github.com/facelessuser/FavoriteFiles/tree/ST2.

0 Likes

@facelessuser Thanks it worked.

0 Likes

Glad it worked! I left the old branches around so I could unburden myself from supporting the old Sublime stuff without being a jerk and cutting off the ST2 users.

1 Like