Sublime Forum

SideBarGit

You may want to open file “packages/SideBarGit/SideBarGit.py”

And replace “debug = False” to “debug = True” and paste the output of everything about git here.

Also that problem is an OS problem, I’m not sure If I can help you. You may don’t have access to the file, or the python can’t access the file or git can’t access, don’t know.

1 )
Try with the same file on command line.
if works…:
2)
Try on sublime console

import os; os.path.exists('/your file name here/')

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]You may want to open file “packages/SideBarGit/SideBarGit.py”

And replace “debug = False” to “debug = True” and paste the output of everything about git here.

Also that problem is an OS problem, I’m not sure If I can help you. You may don’t have access to the file, or the python can’t access the file or git can’t access, don’t know.

1 )
Try with the same file on command line.
if works…:
2)
Try on sublime console

import os; os.path.exists('/your file name here/')[/quote]

Same problem here.

I’m on Mac. Git is on path.
os.path.exists(’/usr/local/git/bin/git’) returns True.

0 Likes

…[/quote]

0 Likes

I am also seeing this. As far as I can tell I have the latest version.
OSX 10.7.4
Sublime Text 2 Build 2181

I get this in the console:

import os;
os.path.exists(’/usr/local/git/bin/git’)
True

When I try and use the sidebar menu to do anything I get the “Git not found on path” error just as the above few posts do.

Is there anything else I can provide to help track down the issue?

0 Likes

Open file /SideBarGit/sidebar/SideBarGit.py

and below line 41, add

if object.command[0] == 'git': 
    object.command[0] = '/usr/local/git/bin/git'

It needs to be at the same level of indentation as the previous line…

That may works. No idea. Some people have strange paths behaviour I don’t have. Good luck.

0 Likes

you may need to restart sublime after the change.

0 Likes

it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.

Also, the F5 update rocks, thanks!

0 Likes

One other thing. the liberal git command seems to truncate parameters, so when I use it to do git rm \pathspec --cached what actually gets run is git rm \pathspec, a rather unfortunate (but recoverable) misinterpretation of my intent.

UPDATE
Actually, I was wrong - it did exactly what I expected it to do :neutral_face:

0 Likes

[quote=“corischlegel”]it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.
[/quote]

Would love to see this feature too!!

0 Likes

I do my work in branches exclusively, branched from master. It would be extremely helpful for me if I could do a “git diff master” or "git diff " through this plugin and output the diff into a buffer and navigate within that back and forth between the source code that is shown in the diff.

0 Likes

Hi tito,

Is the “Difftool” menu option supposed to call an external diff tool ?

If so, how do I configure it to work ?

Regards,
Danny

0 Likes

Hi Tito,

When entering a commit message, is there a way to select from messages I entered in the past ?

Regards,
Danny

0 Likes

[quote]Is the “Difftool” menu option supposed to call an external diff tool ?
If so, how do I configure it to work ?
[/quote]

Yep, I don’t know which one, was requested by a user. IIRC the default git installation provides a difftool, but for some reason, I don’t have it installed here.

[quote]When entering a commit message, is there a way to select from messages I entered in the past ?
[/quote]

Nope. You may want to use the short log viewer… first… Log -> list of changes latest 50

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi Tito,

I installed Kaleidoscope on my Mac and configured my ~/.gitconfig like this :

[code][difftool “Kaleidoscope”]
cmd = ksdiff --partial-changeset --relative-path “$MERGED” – “$LOCAL” “$REMOTE”
[diff]
tool = Kaleidoscope
[difftool]
prompt = false

[mergetool “Kaleidoscope”]
cmd = ksdiff --merge --output “$MERGED” --base “$BASE” – “$LOCAL” --snapshot “$REMOTE” --snapshot
trustExitCode = true
[mergetool]
prompt = false
[merge]
tool = Kaleidoscope
[/code]

I then restarted SublimeText2.

However, choosing “git/Difftool/all changes since the last commit” does nothing.

On the other hand, running “git difftool” from the terminal opens up Kaleidoscope showing the difference between 2 files.

What could I be missing here ?

• Danny
0 Likes

Never mind.

Discovered Sublime is looking for “ksdiff” in the path, which at this time was /usr/bin .

So I created a symbolic link called /usr/bin/ksdiff which points to /Applications/Kaleidoscope.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ksdiff .

Problem solved.

0 Likes

Hi.

Is it possible to supress the output to tabs? i currently use Add & Commit & Push a lot throughout the day and everytime two new tabs are opened with the output. this leads to me having to close quite a lot of tabs per day. so it would be nice to have an option to supress the opening of tabs or at least have the output in a single tab and append the content every time.

Great plugin otherwise :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve same problem :slight_smile: is kind of annonying… I can live with this for a bit, but was really considering to not open a tab when no errors are presented. So be with me, I’ll try to add something…

0 Likes

@tito

This is an awesome plugin.  Up until now I’ve been using Git Shell & this is sooo much faster.   :slightly_smiling:

I have a question regarding your side_bar_git_add_commit_push command.

If I run it from the sidebar context menu after right-clicking on the repo directory, all files will be pushed.  If I run it from the command palette, only the current file will be pushed.

The commands & arguments appear to be exactly the same:

// @ `Context.sublime-menu`

{ "caption": "Add & Commit & Push…",             "command": "side_bar_git_add_commit_push", "args": {"paths": []} },

// @ `Commands.sublime-commands`

{ "caption": "SideBarGit: Add & Commit & Push…", "command": "side_bar_git_add_commit_push", "args": {"paths": []} },

Is there any way I can create custom entries @ Commands.sublime-settings that will affect the entire repo, rather than only the currently active file?

0 Likes

@fico maybe I missunderstood the question or situation, but I think theres some kind of misunderstanding, as you cannot push just a file, on git you push anything you didn’t push already. Basically the command does not really care what you select, it will resolve the repositories contained in that selection and push them https://github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarGit/blob/st3/SideBarGitCommands.py#L932

0 Likes

The first half of your statement is actually the exact issue I’m experiencing, and I am consistently able to do so when using SideBarGit commands after right clicking on a particular file.

( It’s actually a nice feature to have, but I think there should also be the ability to affect the entire repo via the command’s arguments. )

Here is a short video demo:

Test Round 1

• Result: No Files Pushed

Test Round 2

• Result: Test2.txt & Test4.txt Pushed

Test Round 3

• Result: Remaining Files Pushed

I copied the original issue post & included steps to reproduce the issue @:

SideBarGit / Issue #40

( also see Issue #39 for a non-related workflow improvement :grin: )

0 Likes