Sublime Forum

AndyJS2 - with default file completions

Hello. My new repo AndyJS2 (in preference to AndyJS) will display the default file completions along with my JavaScript and/or jQuery completions.

I preferred to create this as a second independent repo so you should just uninstall AndyJS if currently in use. I haven’t had a chance to test it thoroughly but I’m sure it’s perfect :smiley:. Well, maybe if you use both completions simultaneously then the default (file) completions may appear twice in the list. let me know if this happens consistently, but it shouldn’t be too off-putting at this stage.

Andy.

0 Likes

No one has come back to me so I just leapt in and requested this on PackageControl :wink:

0 Likes

I have requested that AndyJS be removed from PackageControl in favour of AndyJS2 - it will still remain on my GitHub though.

If this causes any issue, or you have discovered any niggles with AndyJS2, please advise me.

0 Likes

Thanks, it is far better than first version

0 Likes

Thank you, Andy.

0 Likes

Looks good! :smile:

I see this one’s implemented as a plugin rather than a completions list. Is there any functional difference apart from the default file completions?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you generate (I’m assuming it wasn’t done by hand) your PHP completions list? Did you write a parser for the PHP docs or something?

0 Likes

Hello. No difference; I copied the first to the second and used STs editing capabilities to modify the completions to Python list(s).

I could have modified the completion-triggers to remove all the brackets () etc., to enable the default (file) completions, but I wanted to keep these brackets displayed in the completions-list. Changing to a plug-in also allowed me to inject the word **Default **(for the default file-completions), which is cool :sunglasses:. I could also have taken the opportunity to provide different completions for the words window and document. But, given that I would also need to include global properties plus the default completions, I decided not to.

I started with the standard ST-PHP completions and (sadly!) went through the entire list in combination with the PHP-docs. [Shame how sad this sounds!] I took it as an opportunity to revise PHP, and did a lot of copying and pasting (there are lots of very similar method-arguments).

I’m sure there is an easier way :smiley: but, by the time I had discovered it I would have completed the job anyway (I’m a fast typist…). Although, of course, I didn’t realise how big a job it would be when I started!!

Enjoy! Andy.

0 Likes

I would say dedicated :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I’m glad someone took the time. Thanks a lot mate!

0 Likes

Just to bore a little further :blush: I recall that I decided not to bother obtaining a list that I could copy because I wanted to know:

what methods no longer exist or are deprecated;
what libraries have been moved to extension-libraries and from what version;
what parameters are optional and, if so, are they rarely needed?
etc.

So I would still have needed to reference the docs anyway. (Some useful notes about the various libraries are mentioned in comments in the completions file.)
Andy.

0 Likes

If someone can advise if I have followed the correct sequence that would be great :smile:

0 Likes