Sublime Forum

Web Inspector for Sublime Text

[size=200]Introduce you Web Inspector[/size]
sokolovstas.github.com/SublimeWebInspector

This is a small part of Google Chrome Developer Tools right on your fingertips. It allow you to debug JavaScript directly from Sublime Text 2.

[size=150]Installation:[/size]
Use package manger and install “Web Inspector”

You can set and remove breakpoints right in the editor:

See all console messages with level:

Click on name:line region bring you right to file and line, and if you click on { … } you can see object properties:

On breakpoints you can see a stack and all variables (local, global, closure):

And command palette:

Feel free to feedback here! If you find bug please add issue on github.

[size=150]And BONUS! On file save current debug session will clean cache and reload page. If you save css file only styles will be reloaded.[/size]

0 Likes

Add key binding:
ctrl+shif+r

on mac:
super+shift+r

Fixed startup bug! make git pull!

0 Likes

Fixed windows path issue when adding breakpoint
Fixed scroll problem on windows

0 Likes

]Tested on Windows/]
]Name changed to Web Inspector/]
]Added to Package manager github.com/wbond/package_contro … /pull/1021/]

0 Likes

Wow, can’t wait to test this.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for this :smile:

0 Likes

Fixed some bugs and hangs on selection_modified
Added debugger buttons:

0 Likes

Added Quick Install

paste this in console:

import urllib2,os; pf='Web Inspector.sublime-package'; ipp=sublime.installed_packages_path(); os.makedirs(ipp) if not os.path.exists(ipp) else None; urllib2.install_opener(urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.ProxyHandler())); open(os.path.join(ipp,pf),'wb').write(urllib2.urlopen('http://redtreestudio.ru/'+pf.replace(' ','%20')).read()); print('Please restart Sublime Text to finish installation')
0 Likes

Added reload script inside plugin. Now without any external scripts css reloads without page refresh.

0 Likes

Hey this looks great, but when I try to start the Web Inspector plugin within Sublime Text I’m getting the following error:

ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(91)] Can’t retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.

Is there any additional setup? I’m using Windows 7 in case that matters.

0 Likes

I think no. We tested on windows 8 and all works fine. Try to close google chrome and start again maybe.
Please create issue on github: github.com/sokolovstas/SublimeW … tor/issues

0 Likes

[quote=“someone”]Hey this looks great, but when I try to start the Web Inspector plugin within Sublime Text I’m getting the following error:

ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(91)] Can’t retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.

Is there any additional setup? I’m using Windows 7 in case that matters.[/quote]

I am getting a similar error:
ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(142)

Any help?

0 Likes

Hey guys, Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\user(yourname)\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application. In that folder you will see the Google Chrome icon. Right click on it and choose the ‘Properties’ option. In there, find the 'Compatibility option tab. The Toolbar contains the options. In the ‘Compatibility’ window, find “Input Settings”. Unclick the "Turn off advanced text services for this program” option. This will do the trick!

hotbuns-reviews.com

0 Likes