Sublime Forum

SideBarGit

[quote=ā€œtitoā€]You may want to open file ā€œpackages/SideBarGit/SideBarGit.pyā€

And replace ā€œdebug = Falseā€ to ā€œdebug = Trueā€ and paste the output of everything about git here.

Also that problem is an OS problem, Iā€™m not sure If I can help you. You may donā€™t have access to the file, or the python canā€™t access the file or git canā€™t access, donā€™t know.

1 )
Try with the same file on command line.
if worksā€¦:
2)
Try on sublime console

import os; os.path.exists('/your file name here/')[/quote]

Same problem here.

Iā€™m on Mac. Git is on path.
os.path.exists(ā€™/usr/local/git/bin/gitā€™) returns True.

0 Likes

ā€¦[/quote]

0 Likes

I am also seeing this. As far as I can tell I have the latest version.
OSX 10.7.4
Sublime Text 2 Build 2181

I get this in the console:

import os;
os.path.exists(ā€™/usr/local/git/bin/gitā€™)
True

When I try and use the sidebar menu to do anything I get the ā€œGit not found on pathā€ error just as the above few posts do.

Is there anything else I can provide to help track down the issue?

0 Likes

Open file /SideBarGit/sidebar/SideBarGit.py

and below line 41, add

if object.command[0] == 'git': 
    object.command[0] = '/usr/local/git/bin/git'

It needs to be at the same level of indentation as the previous lineā€¦

That may works. No idea. Some people have strange paths behaviour I donā€™t have. Good luck.

0 Likes

you may need to restart sublime after the change.

0 Likes

it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.

Also, the F5 update rocks, thanks!

0 Likes

One other thing. the liberal git command seems to truncate parameters, so when I use it to do git rm \pathspec --cached what actually gets run is git rm \pathspec, a rather unfortunate (but recoverable) misinterpretation of my intent.

UPDATE
Actually, I was wrong - it did exactly what I expected it to do :neutral_face:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcorischlegelā€]it would be really awesome if you could double-click on an entry (for example in a git log result) and have sublime text open the corresponding file. Not sure if the api would support that.
[/quote]

Would love to see this feature too!!

0 Likes

I do my work in branches exclusively, branched from master. It would be extremely helpful for me if I could do a ā€œgit diff masterā€ or "git diff " through this plugin and output the diff into a buffer and navigate within that back and forth between the source code that is shown in the diff.

0 Likes

Hi tito,

Is the ā€œDifftoolā€ menu option supposed to call an external diff tool ?

If so, how do I configure it to work ?

Regards,
Danny

0 Likes

Hi Tito,

When entering a commit message, is there a way to select from messages I entered in the past ?

Regards,
Danny

0 Likes

[quote]Is the ā€œDifftoolā€ menu option supposed to call an external diff tool ?
If so, how do I configure it to work ?
[/quote]

Yep, I donā€™t know which one, was requested by a user. IIRC the default git installation provides a difftool, but for some reason, I donā€™t have it installed here.

[quote]When entering a commit message, is there a way to select from messages I entered in the past ?
[/quote]

Nope. You may want to use the short log viewerā€¦ firstā€¦ Log -> list of changes latest 50

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi Tito,

I installed Kaleidoscope on my Mac and configured my ~/.gitconfig like this :

[code][difftool ā€œKaleidoscopeā€]
cmd = ksdiff --partial-changeset --relative-path ā€œ$MERGEDā€ ā€“ ā€œ$LOCALā€ ā€œ$REMOTEā€
[diff]
tool = Kaleidoscope
[difftool]
prompt = false

[mergetool ā€œKaleidoscopeā€]
cmd = ksdiff --merge --output ā€œ$MERGEDā€ --base ā€œ$BASEā€ ā€“ ā€œ$LOCALā€ --snapshot ā€œ$REMOTEā€ --snapshot
trustExitCode = true
[mergetool]
prompt = false
[merge]
tool = Kaleidoscope
[/code]

I then restarted SublimeText2.

However, choosing ā€œgit/Difftool/all changes since the last commitā€ does nothing.

On the other hand, running ā€œgit difftoolā€ from the terminal opens up Kaleidoscope showing the difference between 2 files.

What could I be missing here ?

• Danny
0 Likes

Never mind.

Discovered Sublime is looking for ā€œksdiffā€ in the path, which at this time was /usr/bin .

So I created a symbolic link called /usr/bin/ksdiff which points to /Applications/Kaleidoscope.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ksdiff .

Problem solved.

0 Likes

Hi.

Is it possible to supress the output to tabs? i currently use Add & Commit & Push a lot throughout the day and everytime two new tabs are opened with the output. this leads to me having to close quite a lot of tabs per day. so it would be nice to have an option to supress the opening of tabs or at least have the output in a single tab and append the content every time.

Great plugin otherwise :smile:

0 Likes

Iā€™ve same problem :slight_smile: is kind of annonyingā€¦ I can live with this for a bit, but was really considering to not open a tab when no errors are presented. So be with me, Iā€™ll try to add somethingā€¦

0 Likes

@tito

Ā 
This is an awesome plugin. Ā Up until now Iā€™ve been using Git Shell & this is sooo much faster. Ā  :slightly_smiling:

Ā 
I have a question regarding your side_bar_git_add_commit_push command.

If I run it from the sidebar context menu after right-clicking on the repo directory, all files will be pushed.Ā  If I run it from the command palette, only the current file will be pushed.

Ā 
The commands & arguments appear to be exactly the same:

// @ `Context.sublime-menu`

{ "caption": "Add & Commit & Pushā€¦",             "command": "side_bar_git_add_commit_push", "args": {"paths": []} },

// @ `Commands.sublime-commands`

{ "caption": "SideBarGit: Add & Commit & Pushā€¦", "command": "side_bar_git_add_commit_push", "args": {"paths": []} },

Ā 

Ā 
Is there any way I can create custom entries @ Commands.sublime-settings that will affect the entire repo, rather than only the currently active file?

0 Likes

@fico maybe I missunderstood the question or situation, but I think theres some kind of misunderstanding, as you cannot push just a file, on git you push anything you didnā€™t push already. Basically the command does not really care what you select, it will resolve the repositories contained in that selection and push them https://github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarGit/blob/st3/SideBarGitCommands.py#L932

0 Likes

Ā 

The first half of your statement is actually the exact issue Iā€™m experiencing, and I am consistently able to do so when using SideBarGit commands after right clicking on a particular file.

( Itā€™s actually a nice feature to have, but I think there should also be the ability to affect the entire repo via the commandā€™s arguments. )

Ā 

Here is a short video demo:

Test Round 1

• Result: No Files Pushed

Test Round 2

• Result: Test2.txt & Test4.txt Pushed

Test Round 3

• Result: Remaining Files Pushed
    Ā 

Ā 
I copied the original issue post & included steps to reproduce the issue @:

SideBarGit / Issue #40

Ā 

( also see Issue #39 for a non-related workflow improvement :grin: )

0 Likes

I own the Oblivion repo. Iā€™ll add it in.

0 Likes