Sublime Forum

ST3 3021 Vintage Bug

ST3’s vintage mode seems to randomly break. I’m not sure what causes it, but after a while (sometimes, within minutes of using ST3, sometimes I can go half a day without it happening), I won’t be able to go back into insert mode. Other keystrokes, like highlighting and navigating seem to work fine, but I have to restart ST3 to enter insert mode again.

My ST3 preferences is shown below. It may be worth noting that I have auto_complete set to false and vintage_start_in_command_mode set to true…

I doubt it has much relevance, but I’m using ST3 on a Retina MacBook Pro (15").

[code]{
“auto_complete”: false,
“caret_style”: “phase”,
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Tomorrow Color Schemes/Tomorrow-Night-Bright.tmTheme”,
“detect_slow_plugins”: false,
“font_size”: 10,
“ignored_packages”:

],
"rulers":

],
"scroll_past_end": true,
"show_tab_close_buttons": false,
"soda_classic_tabs": false,
"theme": "Soda Dark.sublime-theme",
"vintage_start_in_command_mode": true,
"wide_caret": true

}
[/code]

0 Likes

You can try Vintageous, a rewrite of Vintage from scratch:

guillermooo.bitbucket.org/Vintageous/

0 Likes

Awesome, I’ll give it a try.

Thanks guillermooo

0 Likes

Either Vintageous has the bug, too, or it’s an ST3 bug, because it just happened again.

To clarify, it doesn’t happen in all open editors, but affects the last editor I had open. I think it may happen when switching from ST3 to another app and back… maybe there’s a bug in whatever states get tracked in that process?

Vintageous seems cool, btw, but has some quirks, like hitting CTRL+D deletes instead of scrolling down a page.

0 Likes

I’ve never seen those problems myself.

1. Unable to enter insert mode

There’s a memory leak in S3 that might be causing unresponsiveness after a while (since the amount of key bindings in Vintageous/Vintage exacerbate the problem).

1. Ctrl+D

It isn’t bound to anything in Vintageous right now, so that’s weird. Do you have other plugins installed?

If you come up with a repro, it’d be great if you could open an issue in the Github repo.

0 Likes

He means Vintageous should map Ctrl-D: vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/s … tml#CTRL-D

Reproducibility? 100% :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“guillermooo”]2) Ctrl+D

It isn’t bound to anything in Vintageous right now, so that’s weird. Do you have other plugins installed?[/quote]

In Mac OS X, many basic emacs keybindings work throughout the OS, such as ctrl+a to go to the beginning of a line, ctrl+k to kill a line, and ctrl+d to delete the next character.

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]

[quote=“guillermooo”]2) Ctrl+D

It isn’t bound to anything in Vintageous right now, so that’s weird. Do you have other plugins installed?[/quote]

In Mac OS X, many basic emacs keybindings work throughout the OS, such as ctrl+a to go to the beginning of a line, ctrl+k to kill a line, and ctrl+d to delete the next character.[/quote]

All right… That’s the piece of the puzzle that was missing in my head :smiley: It goes to show how literate I am in all things Mac!

To answer the question, then, it isn’t implemented yet because it overrides very useful functionality on Windows, so I’ll have to choose a replacement key binding for “Add Selection” first.

0 Likes