Sublime Text 2 Build 2111

Sublime Text 2 Build 2111 is available now, with new features including indent guides, improved project support, new commands for working with HTML, and last but not least, Vintage Mode, adding support for vi key bindings.

Indent guides help visualize the indent levels, and mark out which ones apply to the caret position – they are helpful in long functions. If you prefer a cleaner look without them, they can be disabled by adding "draw_indent_guides": false to your user file settings, which are accessible from the “Preferences/File Settings – User” menu.

Indent Guides

There are two new commands to help work with HTML:

• Close Tag: Closes the closest unclosed tag. This is bound to Command+Alt+. on OS X, and Alt+. on Windows and Linux
  • Expand Selection To Tag: Press once to select the contents of the current tag. Press more times to gradually select more. This is bound to Command+Shift+A on OS X, and Ctrl+Shift+A on Windows and Linux)

Project support has been improved, with projects now split into two files: sublime-project files containing the project definition, and sublime-workspace files containing the session data. The sublime-project files are now suitable for checking into version control.

Existing projects will be converted into the new format when loaded. The projects are more flexible, and include the ability to exclude specfic file patterns, provide file setting overrides, and project specific build systems. Full details on the project format are listed in the Project Documentation

Vintage Mode is another new feature in Build 2111, providing support for vi key bindings. It’s disabled by default, follow the instructions in the Vintage Documentation to enable it.

There are many other improvements in 2111, too – the full list is in the changelog, on the Sublime Text 2 page.

1. Vintage, fuck yes!

Comment by pigoz — August 31, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

2. This is a brilliant release, I am happy with the latest features added in especially with the ability of storing the path to file relative rather than absolutely. Indent Guides has been a very nice addition, funny enough I didn’t even realize it was missing before now.

Comment by Silent Works — August 31, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

3. Oooooh… vi-bindings? All of them? If so… i must give sublime a try.

Comment by Nils — August 31, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

4. Indent Guides…
    Where have you been all my life?!

Comment by TomDV — August 31, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

5. Gimme emacs binding and I’ll try it
    and almost sure to buy it too as it looks more “sublime”

Comment by gigigan — August 31, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

6. This is awesome, I love you guys :’)
    I don’t know how I got along with other editors in the past :D

Comment by Peter — August 31, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

7. thx for the new release, its awesome!
    but, is it just me or is nobody missing ftp features for live editing on hosted websites?

Comment by f1shman — August 31, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

8. Anticipated updates as always great job!

Comment by Diica — August 31, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

9. Nice font in the screenshot, what is it?

Comment by Lorenzo — August 31, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

10. Thanks for the new release, nice to see vintage mode and indent lines, keep up the good work! =)

Comment by Nick — August 31, 2011 @ 11:03 pm

11. Lorenzo: The font is Menlo, which is the default for Sublime Text 2 on OS X

Comment by Jon Skinner — August 31, 2011 @ 11:06 pm

12. How do I bring back Ctrl-S to toggle the sidebar on the Mac OS X version? Thanks.

Comment by Sam — August 31, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

13. Got it..changed toggle_side_bar in the keymap. Thanks!

Comment by Sam — August 31, 2011 @ 11:10 pm

14. @Peter …

It’s just one guy running 3 platforms if you’d believe it

Comment by Joey — August 31, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

15. I miss CTRL-B = toggle side bar, moving that bind to build is evil and logical … so torn.

Comment by Jason Mulligan — September 1, 2011 @ 12:10 am

16. Gotta love the subtle 1337ness here.

Comment by Matt — September 1, 2011 @ 1:54 am

17. Jon,

The feature I miss most is search in folders (or project) and replace.
    Currently I have to search and then open each single file, replace, save, and then continue the search.

Can we have this in the future?

Congrats for the greate work!

Comment by Rafael Oliveira — September 1, 2011 @ 2:08 am

18. Awesome! VI keybindings! Just yesterday I was really wanting VI bindings in sublime and now there is :D

Only thing I’m missing right now is CTRL+d CTRL+u keybindings (scroll down/up half a page). I see you have CTRL+F and CTRL+B bound which works ok atm, but I’d like to see the half page equivalents as I tend to use those more for some reason in VIM.

Good work though!

Comment by Michael Mackus — September 1, 2011 @ 2:34 am

19. One thing I really would like to see in sublime is line numbers… the numbers are shown in the command line but not in the editor. I really miss this from say, VIM, where I have set nu that shows line numbers for every line. Then, I just press :# to go to that line super quick. Really convenient.

Comment by Michael Mackus — September 1, 2011 @ 2:40 am

20. Listen.. (I’m standing and applauding.) JS rocks it again!

Comment by Kevin M. — September 1, 2011 @ 4:21 am

21. Excellent Vintage mode. I’d love to see show/hide invisibles in the next build.

Comment by Tan — September 1, 2011 @ 4:52 am

22. I’m trying the vi key bindings out: how I can I enter VISUAL BLOCK mode? It should be ^+V but its not working.

Comment by pigoz — September 1, 2011 @ 6:35 am

23. Great release! Thank you for all your hard work Jon.

Comment by Robin — September 1, 2011 @ 7:10 am

24. Would also like to have an option to be able to move (and resize) minimap. I want this option because I almost don’t use sidebar. Anyway, thank you a lot!

Comment by Sergey — September 1, 2011 @ 7:30 am

25. @f1shman : if you’re a windows user, you can use WinSCP and set Sublime Text to be your default editor. Hey presto, instant editing on the remote site!

Comment by Simon — September 1, 2011 @ 9:23 am

26. I love the indent guides!!

Comment by Jordan — September 1, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

27. “Projects: Open Project and Recent Projects open the project in a new window” – O-ow, can this be optional?

Comment by Sergey — September 1, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

28. Jason: Toggle side bar is still available via the ctrl+k, ctrl+b sequence (command+k, command+b on OS X)

Comment by Jon Skinner — September 1, 2011 @ 3:33 pm

29. I LOVE YOU!

Comment by Malcolm — September 1, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

30. Great release again. I have a problem though. Word wrap does not work on new files. Even though I have set “word_wrap”: true in the Default file settings freshly opened files are not wrapped. Can you help me out here.

Comment by Satyajit — September 1, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

31. Satyajit: Some files types have word wrap disabled by default. If you explicitly set word wrap to true for the file types in question (via the Preferences/File Settings – More/Syntax Specific menu), then it’ll work as desired

Comment by Jon Skinner — September 1, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

32. Great job, thanks and keep it up :)

Comment by Marek — September 1, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

33. Great job, keep up the excellent work! Best editor EVER :)

Comment by Felipe — September 1, 2011 @ 10:20 pm

34. I cant use ctlr+b or ctrl+k to toggle or hide sidebar it dont work, on ctrl+b i have error (about build) on ctrl+k nothing happend

Comment by Bruno_AFK — September 1, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

35. Bruno: It’s a sequential key binding, you need to press ctrl+k followed by ctrl+b

Comment by Jon Skinner — September 1, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

36. thnx sorry i don’t understand at first now all work :) )

Comment by Bruno_AFK — September 2, 2011 @ 12:29 am

37. If you want to restore previous way of toggling sidebar – add this line to your User keymap:
    { “keys”: ["ctrl+b"], “command”: “toggle_side_bar” }